February 03, 2010

The city's shining tonight, but you dont see the light.



first day at work today yay, seems so much like the first day of school. hmm actually no, i'd rather go to school, i missed school so much i swear. well yesyesyes i finally made it through the hurdle of getting myself a goddamn job. congratulate me people! so it was quite alright i thought, but not too perfect to start with. i thank god that my employer and the other retail girls arent tyrants, they're pretty nice actually. and what i like about this job is that, i dont have to crack my brains everyday on what to wear since i'll be wearing something from the shop. oh it's a part time job by the way, and i'm new to retail so i'm not so sure if this job's suitable for me, i can't be good and confident about something i've never done before. but anyways i'll learn, about the new surrounding and procedures, i hope i'll last a while at least.

[edit]
day two today, and i'd learnt more than i need to. things are showing, and i have lots of doubts already regarding pay and such, my colleagues know best. that aside, i'm disgusted by how some consumers behave seriously. take for example, today i served this pair of couple from *** (i'm trying my best not to stereotype already but i cant help to), it was my bad not to check how much i'd received when that dude hands the money over to me, but thank god i realised soon enough, and goodfren who came to visit pointed to me which directions did that couple head to. i ran after them right away, thinking that they might have left out that 10$ notes or something. well fact is that i didnt check how much i'd received in the first place, yeah? but know what, they were actually running as fast as they could! they were fucking running away, and it was so obvious that they delibrately paid less! it's not funny man. speechless really, and i was literally running and chasing that two fucktards w my dress on, oh well i did get back the money in the end...
[/edit]

2 comments:

sprachvoll said...

Dear elinanzn,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog. It's always nice to see how people on the other side of the globe live, how they share the same joys and sorrows, what they do in their free time, etc.

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, drop me a note ( hack2301@uni-trier.de RE: Question ) so that I can then send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

Ariel said...

HI NINGNING *WAVES*