October 22, 2012

✈ ✈ ✈ Hong Kong bound,

Photobucket
so i did it - out of town, all by myself! embarked on my first solo trip, though a short one, i must say it was a liberating experience. hong kong, you were amazing. thanks for granting me lots of firsts, and also giving me heaps of unforgettable memories, perhaps even life changing ones since i felt i am capable of doing things i thought i couldn't; not forgetting all the crazy shopping and gourmet treats. splurged on desserts, had the best egg tarts and century egg congee (haha greedy girl in me yet again) i have absolutely no problem dining alone. last but not least, thanks for giving me the opportunity to break out of my shell. to be honest, i did not even plan my itinerary at all, besides researching on foodie places, things to eat, and of course, finalizing my accommodation. i decided to stay at two different places - a hostel located at causeway bay, and a single room located at tsim sha tsui. i dont understand cantonese either, i mean besides the universal "diu" haha. had absolutely no idea what to expect once i get up on the plane, i've never done that by myself before, all i knew was that i had to take the plunge. now i get why some people enjoy traveling alone, i wouldnt say that i'm a convert, but i absolutely loved the freedom of it. i could do what i want, eat and see what i want, and on no one's schedule but mine. i guessed that was also the biggest appeal of the whole trip.

when i planned the trip, i assumed i would be alone, but i was wrong. i had amazing conversations w other travelers i met along the way, back at my hostel, and even on the plane. i would never have met them if i hadn't been on my own. the two dudes on board who helped me out w big notes, octopus card and got me a map to navigate; the hk uncle i met on the streets while staring at the map (and i followed my instinct, allowed him to take me to my destination); after checking in to my hostel on my first night at causeway bay, i was invited up to the rooftop to hang w other travelers staying in the same dormitory. i gave it a shot instead of retreating back to my room, and the next moment, all of us were having a whole lot of fun at lan kwai fong. it was such a funny combination, we were from all over the world - thailand, germany, russia, america, ireland, kazakhstan - 18 to 30 years old, we dont even speak the same language - yet everyone were so spontaneous! it was a big deal to me, because i've never experience or done any exchange or anything like that. i thought that was amazing, and yes, what a great first night in hongkong! i also became friends w christian, who explored ngong ping w me the next day. getting lost and finding your way out's a skill that people develop quickly i feel, so getting my way around was not so much of a problem. probably also because hk's perfectly safe. might do separate posts on hk eats, and snaps (that's what i said about my aussie trip, but it didnt happen hahaha) i mean i'll try my best to make it happen this time alright. some visuals for you guys for now, enjoy :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

that's all for now. more on the rest possibly later, x.

No comments: